About Parkes Shire Council
Parkes Shire Council is a progressive and innovative organisation that embraces new ideas and has adopted a philosophy of continuous improvement. Council is committed to delivering progress and value to our community through living our corporate values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Safety and Teamwork.
Council has been acknowledged for Excellence in Local Government as the winner of the prestigious AR Bluett Memorial Award in 2016 which recognises the most progressive rural council in the state, based on all council operations and services.
Council values our position as a progressive, cohesive and well respected employer of choice. We are proud of our corporate values which guide the work we do, the choices we make and how we interact with each other and the community. For our employees we provide career development and succession planning opportunities across a large range of trades and professions.
Council embraces a LEAN philosophy across its operations in an effort to maximize the value and service we deliver to our community with a commitment to best practice work health and safety for our staff and stakeholders. In our quest for improvement Council has achieved formal accreditation under ISO45001:2018 framework for our Work Health and Safety Management System. This highly regarded accreditation recognises the dedication and commitment from Council staff to ensure safety management systems are robust and efficient and more importantly that a safe workplace is provided for our staff, contractors, visitors and volunteers.
Find out more about working at Parkes Shire Council and why Parkes is a smart move - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpb1zAeKJ9o&feature=youtu.be
About the Opportunity
Based at Council Administration Centre and working as part of a small, multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for managing financial planning, compliance, analysis and reporting activities in relation to property, rates, water, debt recovery and grants.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Degree in Accounting
- Current Class C Drivers licence
- Working with Children Check
Other details relating to this position are:
- The Grade applicable to the position is Grade 16 -18, for a 35 hour week within Council's salary structure.
- The salary is up to $83k to $109k per annum (depending on skills and experience)
- 35 hour working week and a fortnightly RDO
- Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award 2017
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
- Parkes Shire Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
- Aboriginal persons are encouraged to apply
VIEW FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION BY CLICKING HERE
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current Resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not required. Council will only accept applications submitted on line.
Parkes Shire Council operates a merit-based recruitment process.
In the event you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process:
- A pre-employment physical examination (at Council's expense), including a hearing and drug and alcohol test
- Please include two work related referees in your resume for reference checking purposes - please ensure your referee details are current
- Undertake any other applicable screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council may also check authenticity of certificates and qualifications
- Provide the applicable Working with Children Check number as the role may involve working with work experience students
Working With Children Check
To create a child safe environment, all Council employees will require a Working With Children Check number. Applicants need to possess or express a willingness to apply for a Working With Children Check. More information can be found at www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
As part of the recruitment process, Parkes Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
Other Important Details
Enquiries: Telephone Jaco Barnard on (02) 6861 2333 for further information.
Closing Date: 5.00pm AEST on Friday 13 December 2019.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!